For me the percentage has been somewhat higher and over time it has become one of my specialisms. One of the greatest joys of my work is in helping couples to achieve their dream of having a family.
Research shows that acupuncture can help to improve fertility by:
1. Improving the function of the ovaries to produce better quality eggs
2. Regulating the hormones to produce a larger number of follicles
3. Increasing the blood flow to the uterus and increasing the thickness of the uterine lining
4. Relaxing the patient and decreasing their stress
5. Preventing the uterus from contracting
6. Lessening the side effects of drugs used in IVF
7. Strengthening the immune system
8. Improving semen to create better quality and quantity of embryos
9. Decreasing chances of miscarriage
CB, Vet, aged 33
After a couple of years of trying for a baby, a devastating miscarriage and a handful of unpleasant medical procedures that revealed very little my husband and I were in a pretty sad place, as anyone who is struggling with infertility will understand.
Catherine, aged 40
After a number of years of infertility, failed IVFs and one miscarriage I turned to acupuncture as I had heard it could help. I was a little skeptical before going, but had reached my wits end so felt it couldn’t do any harm.
Lindsay, aged 39
After 4 years of trying for a baby with no luck my husband and I turned to IVF. After the first attempt failed I turned to the Internet to see if there were any ways to improve our chances that’s where I read about acupuncture.
Kate Hayden, aged 32
I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries at the age of sixteen and have always suffered with irregular periods. I always knew in the back of my mind that conceiving a child might be problematic.
Mrs A aged 35 and Poppy aged 5 mths
Having gone through the traumatic ordeal of three miscarriages I turned to Stephanie via a recommendation from a friend.
It took approximately 2.5 years to conceive our first child and 18 months of that time was spent
waiting for appointments and undergoing the basic hormonal and investigative testing to establish
that there was nothing wrong with my hormones or reproductive hardware.